Home » , , , , , , , » Once Upon a Time Belle's Traveling Cape!

Once Upon a Time Belle's Traveling Cape!

 Belle's Traveling Cape!
 We've been watching Once Upon a Time...any lovers out there?
When we first met Belle, we loved her!
We love her awesome accent too!

She decides to travel to the village...and this is what she wears.

At this moment of the show.

I froze.
I paused the show.
I ran to my craft room and found this material!

I knew it was destiny!
I was to have my own Belle cape!
I constructed it like my Morgana cape.
It was very simple.
Here's the basic pattern...I used about 4 yards of material for my Morgana cape
and about 3 yards for this Belle cape.
Keep your fabric folded in half like when you buy it.
(the right side of this picture is the folded edge)
Then take the 3 big pieces and sew the diagonally cut lines together.
2 long straight stitches.
For my Morgana cape, I did a pointy hood.
http://www.doodlecraft.blogspot.com/2013/10/red-hooded-cape.html
 For the Belle cape I did a round hood.

Sew the line from the point or rounded tip of the hood to the base of the neck.
Hem around the hood face.
Sew the neck of the hood onto the top of the robe.
It will take some gathering of the robe to fit the width of the hood.
Just use some pins and space out your gathers.

 You can then hem the front and the bottom edges of the cape.
The crowning piece, I knew would be the clasp.
Belle's was a cool Celtic knot of pewter.

I bought one just like it on ebay for about $10.
I really just typed in "Celtic knot clasp"

Hand sewed it right on like a button.
It's perfect!


Best part about these capes is they can fit a WIDE range of sizes...
my daughter and I can both fit this and it looks glorious either way...
it's just a little shorter on me!

 I am sure that more Once Upon a Time costumes and accessories are to come...
I am so inspired by Regina, the Evil Queen's wardrobe too!


Totally love the way it turned out...and from start to finish it was well under an hour!
This one is going to wear it to church just like this! 








This post published on Doodlecraft first
Photobucket

Popular Posts

 
Copyright © 2013. tattoos kids - All Rights Reserved